Thursday, July 28, 2005

Makin' money!

I haven't had as much time as I like to update in here. It's just been a really busy/bad week.

Monday, we lost power - for 11 hours! Tuesday - my husband swallowed a piece of steak wrong and we spent 5 hours in the emergency room. Crazy!

Today is the last day of summer school, and I get my big check. I will then be able to pay off two of the cc's and send a nice chunk to the Big One. Also, we will set money aside for the holidays (so we don't end up using the cc like with every single other holiday for years), and put a few hundred in savings. That'll about do it for that check, but it will feel really good to have some of those paid off.

Things I have been trying to do to get a little extra money to send off to the cc's: selling on ebay is prosperous (our ID is markkris if you feel like bidding on some of our "treasures"...), and like I mentioned before, I signed up for some of those "take this survey and get money" sites. We'll see how those go. ksfinancialprogressreport.blogspot.com has a ton of sites on reading email for money, etc. I'll have to check those out. If you haven't been to her blog yet, check it out - she has a ton of great stuff.

I'm also working on getting a crafty-business going. Nothing totally serious - I'm not doing craft shows, but maybe using some spare time this winter to try to make some stuff to sell online or something. I have a good idea (that I'm not ready to write here yet). We'll see how it goes.

We used to sell Watkins products, and I've been thinking about Avon, only because I can't find an Avon lady around here and I love their products. I've heard it's only $10 to sign up. Maybe.

so...lots of ideas floating around in my head. Too many!

No comments: