Thursday, July 28, 2005

Paying off Stuff...

I'm sooo good at titles...

Anyway. Today was the end of summer school and the receipt of a big fat check. Along with another check we had, it came to about $2700. We actually sat down and wrote down everything we wanted to pay off. We marked down to the penny where that money was going.

This is new to us, because in the past, we would have spent and spent and then I would have bitched and moaned about the fact that it was all gone and we had nothing to send to the bills.

BUT ...I updated Quicken, figured out where everything was going. Awesome!
Approximately:
$530 to the new cc (to pay it off)
$400 to the Best Buy cc (1/2 of the fridge)
$300 to the big evil cc
$200 to get money put aside for bills we don't pay monthly (like AAA and the truck registration)
$300 set aside for xmas so we don't use the cc like we have every other year
$200 that we owe my mom
$250 for our visit with in-laws in KY next month
$100 for the state fair next week
$200 to the Vets Admin for medical bills
...
I know there's more, I just can't think of it at the moment and my list is in the other room. We also moved $100 from paypal to the ING account, so our savings (emergency fund) is up to just under $300. When paypal gets back up to $100 again, I'll move it to our credit union savings. I'm pushing for $500 to make me feel okay. Just in case.

Yay us! I was really proud that we did this all upfront and right away. So - that's about $1700 that goes towards bills. It feels so good.

No comments: