Monday, August 29, 2005

Finally got some stuff on ebay!

It took me awhile to get back into the hang of things. Dh's mother died two weeks ago, and we had to make an extra trip down to KY. And then, I got into a panic because I only had a couple of weeks left of summer vacation before I had to go back to work.

But I finally got my ebay table in the basement cleaned off and ready to go. Took pics, cleaned them up, sized them, uploaded them...and posted 7 things tonight. 2 of them have potential of going big, so we'll see what happens.

I was able to take half.com earning this month and divide them between the Best Buy card and the smaller cc that we had to use for traveling to KY. That meant that nothing extra went to BECC (Big Evil Credit Card), though. I hate that. So these ebay sales could really help me bring that one back down.

I go back to work tomorrow. The kids come back Thursday. I'm going to wear one of my new outfits tomorrow - fitted gray pants and a wrap gray striped sleeveless blouse with kick ass shoes. The grand total for this outfit = $15.74. :) Gotta love that. I'm losing weight, and I want to look better. I needed work clothes that fit, so I did end up getting quite a bit from clearance racks. Not too much, because I still have more to lose.

In that vein, Jo Ann Fabrics had a sale on Simplicity patterns on Saturday - $.99 each. I bought four of them. Between all of them, once I reach a lower weight and my work clothes absolutely will not do, I will have fitted slacks, fitted capris, elastic slacks, slim skirt, flowing skirt, tank, fitted tank, dress, t-shirt style top, fitted jacket, boxy jacket, and purses. :) I don't have the material, yet, of course, but I was proud of my find. They are all pretty complimentary, and I'll choose colors that go together. I haven't been this excited about clothes in a long time. I still have a long way to go, but I have that as inspiration.

Not much else. Still considering a rummage sale this fall. I mentioned in an email to my mom that I don't have any big things, so I might wait. She emailed back saying I could have her wicker furniture and papasan chair to sell, and there might be more in storage. I don't remember if I've mentioned how my mom is (although it explains so much...), but she buys stuff like there's no tomorrow, then changes her mind and gets rid of it within a year or two. Good for my ebay sales and rummage, but bad for her bills. Every time, I offer to pay her the money from sales, but she doesn't want it. Sometimes, I think she's crazy...

1 comment:

NCN said...

Hey, just found your site. Thanks for the linkage...I have blogrolled you!
Good luck with the debt re-payment. I am facint the last of my battle, and I am tired, exhausted, but still ready to FIGHT!
credit cards: bad
me: good
winner: ME
ncnblog