Sunday, October 16, 2005

Bummer.

Once again, I have succeeded in putting off updating Quicken(as mentioned in the last post). So as I go to pay for groceries last night, it comes up as "NSF" for the debit card. That's so embarassing, and I'm old enough to know better. I hate updating the bills. I hate that we have no money to spend on things. I resent it. I know, I'm supposed to have a terrific view and be happy that all of our extra money is going to the BECC, I'm supposed to do it cheerfully blah blah blah. But I don't find it fun, I don't find it amusing, and I don't think it's cool. I hate sending hard-earned money to them. I know it's our own fault. I'm not running from them.

It's just that sometimes, I'm really sick of it. So I go and thump my head into the sand and pretend that it's all good.

~sigh~

So this morning, I had to get Quicken all updated to figure out what the problem was, and we're over by about $70. So I need to return two bras I bought at Penney's, and a knee brace that doesn't fit. And I need to transfer $50 over from ING to cover the rest and allow us to put gas in the car so I can get to work and home on Tues & Wed and at least to work on Thurs...because then it's PAYDAY!

And I will update the bills by Saturday noon. I will.

And I will start to update Quicken weekly so we know where we're at. Because if I had known that we were so close, I would have curbed the spending more. I just really need a new bra. Losing weight means things stop fitting. I won't go into it more for you gentlemen around, but let's just say the girls aren't happy with the fit lately.

So after payday, we'll check the damages and see what we can do. This month, we WILL send the BECC the extra $185 we set aside for them every single month. Or maybe I'll send it to the Best Buy card to get it closer to closed! Plus we have ebay sales. I'm really thinking of targeting Best Buy so it can be gone, even though we aren't being charged interest by them at the moment.

Okay. It's a plan. Now - off to figure out business stuff.

No comments: