Sunday, October 23, 2005

Thursday was payday, and I made a vow to myself that I would update Quicken/pay bills/etc by Saturday noon -- and I did! I was so proud of myself! Isn't that pitiful? Paying my bills on time made me so happy. I think that's a sign of illness.

We actually sent the extra money from the student loans to the BECC - first time since we put the loan in forebearance that we actually did what we said we would. We also took paypal.com money from ebay sales and split them between the Best Buy card and the newer cc. Those should both be paid off by March - maybe even sooner for Best Buy. And on the BECC, next month we will be below $9000 for the first time in years. That's a cool feeling!

I've been working on business stuff - and getting my basement ready to be my workroom/office. I've been going through a lot of stuff - my rummage pile has grown astronomically (rummage will be in June). Dh and I went through all the VHS tapes, CD's and cassettes to get rid of what we didn't need/use/want anymore. Lots went into the recycle bin (can't sell tapes that we took off the TV, etc), and some into the trash. We haven't gone through them in years. Our music is on the computer and the mp3 player, and we have a huge collection of DVD's - so this is all redundant stuff. It felt good to get rid of it. We have so much stuff...but it's amazing - how much we're willing to cull to get our house looking better.

Okay - I'm off to run on the treadmill a little while. Take care! ;)

No comments: