Monday, June 04, 2007

Okay. I am going to try to update here more often. I need to get in the habit - so we can get some of this debt GONE! Journaling always helps me keep on track. So...it's time!

We need serious work on our car. It is 11 years old and has 184,000 miles on it, so we have to make a decision when we stop piling money into this car and just get a new one. This new problem will be at least $600 to fix - which we don't have.

It did occur to us, though - that if we didn't have the payments for the cc's, we'd be able to afford a car payment - or, even better, a car if we were able to save up for awhile.

Which, of course, led us to the bright idea...that we need to get the cc's gone!

We added up all the "extra" money from this summer - summer school, the sewing jobs I have lined up, curriculum work with the district, working with the state - and it's a hefty chunk that will let us get savings back up to where it should be, plus maybe even pay off the smaller of the BECC's.

We're still looking at other alternative ways to save and make more money. I'm organizing the sewing room to see what all is in there - our Hancock Fabrics is going out of business, and I'm afraid I've bought a little more than I usually have room for. So - organization is the key!

I've found that when I feel stressed about money...I end up organizing or cleaning. Is that weird?

No comments: