Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday

I had great ideas of getting the bills paid, etc on Quicken today - but my office computer won't boot up (ugh...stopped working last night suddenly...dh needs to play doctor), and our big computer won't load the Quicken file! Argh! I actually WANT to do it, and I can't!

Okay - things having to do with money today:
  • We planned a breakfast out, and did well - ate at Denny's with a B1G1 Free coupon, and I ended up taking half of mine home for breakfast tomorrow. I like that.
  • We had already set aside the money this month to go see the new "Elizabeth" movie. Both of us loved the first one, and we were really looking forward to this one. We went to the noon showing (still $12! Holy crap! It's been awhile since we went to the movies...but jeez...that's matinee prices - what are regular prices?!) - and I was very proud of dh - no soda (we did bring in a 20 oz) and no popcorn. :)
  • Planned meals
  • Finished the laundry (okay, nothing to do with money, but it was on my to do list for the weekend...)
  • and tonight I need to relist the things that didn't sell on ebay last week.

All in all, pretty good. Oh, and dh fixed a little can-safe that we've had for years - the top fell off, and he was able to pry the rest off and reglue it, which saved us about $15 for a new one. We keep our sinking funds in there - it looks like a can on the shelf but actually unscrews to keep things in. I was delighted not to have to find one and shell out more money for it.

So, an uneventful weekend...and somehow, I need to get the bills done. Dh needs to spend some quality time with my computer. :)

Sub sandwiches for dinner - YUM!

No comments: