Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Break Financial To-Do's

Okay - I'm on Spring Break this week, and the meds seem to be kicking in, which rocks. I haven't been around much to catch up with other people, so hopefully I'll have somet time to drop by. :) This seems to be a bigger-than-normal update...I need to get in here more often so these don't end up so long...

Here's part of my "to-do" list for this week - the stuff that applies to our finances, at least:

~post the bed on Craigslist and get it out of our garage
~post at least the three DVD's we have of TV series on ebay
~organize the stuff from my mom that is going in the rummage pile - and it would probably be really smart to price it before then, too...
~update Quicken
~get to the bank to deposit the "extra" check and our coins (piggy's full!)
~balance the checking account
~get the bill pay info for the car payment
~change/cancel the cable - we need to downgrade
~call the cellphone company to change our plan
~I need to go in to work at least one day (probably tomorrow) to work on some curriculum stuff I've been putting off. That should be, after it's all done, about 15 hours @ $23 an hour. Nice!
~get some sewing stuff listed on etsy
~update my business webpage. I'm getting some hits with the christening gowns, but I really need to get a shopping cart, etc on there with actual stock that's completed and could be sent out immediately. Most of my business is make-as-you-go (better put as "custom made"), but there are definitely a few things that I could have constantly made up and able to ship out. Plus I know Google hits get better the more you update your page. I need to do something there.

I think that covers most of my finance stuff. There's more on the list, but it's mostly home improvement stuff - we need to do some work in the bathroom, take down the outside Christmas lights (it's almost embarrassing, but we've had an exceptionally harsh winter this year, and there's still snow on the ground), etc.

Oh, and for my (few) Wisconsin friends out there - in case you didn't know, Stark Candy Company is closing, and it's entirely possible that their parent company will no longer produce candy raisins. I know no one outside of WI really knows what they are, but this is TERRIBLE! lol So go to http://www.savethecandyraisins.com to sign the petition. :) :)

Hope you had a nice Easter - we went to my mom's and had a nice time. Lots of leftovers, which is always nice.

I need to get a haircut today (with coupon, of course), and I really need to dye my hair, too...grays and roots are showing...ugh. Always nice when I have some of my free with coupon dye, though.

Got a great deal on a ham, too - Piggly Wiggly had a coupon for $5 off any Cook's ham with a $10 purchase. Got a 7.5 pound ham for about $5 - and the $10 we spent was on groceries we were going to buy, anyway, and they were on sale. Love that!

Okay - off I go to see what I can cross off my list today!

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's a motivating little list, there Miss Kris! I may have to steal that idea and give myself a little heave-ho!

I'm glad you're feeling better too. Our family has been going round with something now after our flu bug from a couple of weeks ago. I don't know what it - it's not enough to wipe you out -- but it IS enough to aggravate.

It's been a weird winter. Too much snow, too many sicknesses, and too much talk about Bret Farve! LOL

Jennifer said...

Glad you're feeling better. And having a list is half the battle! :)

HS @ Our Debt Blog said...

Sounds like your having fun! enjoy your spring break!