Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Dum da dum dum DAAAAAAAA

Who did it?

Well, I did.

I threw my back out two weeks ago (2 weeks tonight, we went to the ER for it!) - diagnosis: extreme sciatica issues, bulging disc in lower back, "narrowing" channel for the spinal cord, and cysts on my spinal cord.

I haven't felt my toes on my left foot in 2 weeks. Fun, fun.

Needless to say, I haven't been doing much. I had to take a week off work (possibly the worst possible timing, but I don't want to go into huge detail for fear of real-live-people reading this in real life...), and have been pretty much eating crap and eating out a lot as I'm hurting too much to do much of anything at all. Except sleep.

So, it's time to get a plan going.

After tomorrow, I should be done with the massive year-long curriculum work (yay!), which will net a nice amount. Depending on how the meeting tomorrow goes, I'll be putting in for a minimum of 95 hours of curriculum time, possibly more if we decide more needs to be done. That's 95 hours @ $23 an hour = ...well, a lot. Almost $1800 after taxes, etc, if I'm doing mental math right. 100 hours would be $2300 before taxes, so...yeah. Close enough.

And this, the VA can't seize, either. Yay! So - that would mean we can pay off the dryer, get the money saved up for the assessment, and pay down (off?) the smallest cc.

  • I won't be putting a garden in this year because of my back, so no garden expenses.
  • I wont' be doing a rummage sale any time soon, but possibly in August when the roadwork is done.
  • We might be taking a car load of crap - er, rummage items - to a flea market about a 1/2 hour away. Every Sat, $10 for a space, and we have a shade that we can borrow from my sister. I'm excited about that.
  • And, I need to get some more stuff going on ebay as soon as I can get out from under this crushing weight of school work. Thank God this year is almost over. I'm so ready. It's been a horrible semester.

So...keep fingers crossed that my back behaves. I have an appointment for physical therapy next week Wed, and an appointment with the bariatric surgeon next week Tuesday. Insurance says I have to be on a MD supervised diet for 6 months before they'll approve the Lapband surgery, and I have an appointment to see my doc on 6/12 to start that. So, possibly...in Dec, I could have the surgery. That would ROCK!

2 comments:

Mrs E said...

UGH Kris, That sucks! I remember when I broke my back, I still have pain issues now and again. How did yo manage to throw your back out? I hope you feel better girl! CONGRATS on the extra money coming in!

Jennifer said...

Hope your back gets better!