Saturday, May 31, 2008

Woo hoo!

Imagine my surprise when I checked my mailbox at work and found that she had put the curriculum hours through - and my check was there and waiting!

$1400, bay-beeee!

I almost did a happy jig, but that may have hurt my back. I did email her and tell her that I felt like driving over to her office and giving her a big wet sloppy kiss. :)

That means - that we can get the BEF back to where it needs to be - we can pay OFF the dryer - we can buy some much-needed clothes - we can get the dog and insurance funds up to where they need to be - and I think we'll still be able to set some, if not all, of the money aside for the curb & gutter assessment.

I am sooo excited about this.

I was able to get some clothes today - dh is picky about certain clothes, not to a real big extent, but wants Hanes and certain colors, etc. I ran all over town today - to find what I want at the Kmart. Go figure. I was able to get 2 packages of underwear, 9 t-shirts, 2 pair of jeans for him, a pair of capris and a shirt for me for work this summer, a pair of shorts for me, and a purse (mine is literally falling apart) for just over $100. Even better - I'm probably going to be returning 2 of the shirts and one package of underwear - they were bought at Target & weren't really what he wanted, but I figured they were close enough, and then I found them at Kmart. That means about...umm...$16 + tax returned. Not terrific, but not bad, either.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Whoa! Now THAT'S my kind of mail day!!

Congrats on that!!

adamgilcrist said...

Just stop your credit now here is your right way for the credits.
Don't be a victim. Stop credit card debt now. We can help.

*******************
christinarosy
Don't be a victim. Stop credit card debt now. We can help.

http://www.stop-credit-card-debt.com