Saturday, June 14, 2008

Oh no!

http://www.llnoe.com is down for a few days!

What am I going to do?

Isn't it funny how you get so used to certain things, you use them a lot and they're your support and accountability....

What happens when they're gone for awhile?

~*~*~*~*~

Well, I finally updated the bills, and found out where we were at. It wasn't pretty, but it was necessary, of course. I always feel better when I know.

We weren't able to send extra to the dryer. We weren't able to put money aside for the city assessment. We were able to pay all the bills and get the BEF back to $1000, so that's a plus.

I'm starting to feel better from throwing my back out, though, and I'm ready to start getting my rummage sale stuff together, so hopefully we can have one of those in a few weeks. I'm also going to do some summer curriculum which can help throw something at the debt.

We had some water in the basement from the terrible rains we've been getting. Long story short, there's a lot of mildew-y stuff in the basement now, that I'm trying to run through the washer. Frugal tip - a great mildew remover from fabric is ammonia. Dump a cup in the wash with detergent and it really gets rid of the bacteria and smell. It's worked great, and the clothes don't come out smelling like ammonia, so don't worry about that.

Our area is flooding, and there are flash flood warnings out for the unknown future time period. The Rock River has overflowed its' banks, and Lake Delton in the WI Dells has disappeared down the Wisconsin River (really - it's gone). We're kind of stuck here - no matter which direction we go, there are flooded roads. Stops us from driving around, I guess.

Okay - I need to go check this load of wash. I'm on load #4, with at least 3 more to go to get all caught up with the stuff that got stuck in the basement flood, as well as 2 weeks worth of laundry (couldn't do more than 1 load last weekend because of standing water under the washer and dryer).

More money stuff later - I need to get back on track with things. I have off this week before summer school starts, and I have plans for rummage organization, getting some stuff to the antique booth, and ebay sales.

No comments: