Sunday, May 17, 2009

Still here

We've had a "hunker down and keep calm" kind of time lately - a little nervous about the economy, about the debt, about the job. I wish I could say that I've been pushing all our extra cash at the BECC's, but that just hasn't been happening. I've been stocking up on food and throwing some extra in the savings. At least the pantry and our freezer are full.

It's also been stressful at work, which makes concentration on other things difficult. And I'm taking night classes, adds to it. I've gotten off track on a few things, including taking good care of myself and continuing on my weight loss trail. That has to stop - I feel icky.

So, now that my night class is done (for 2 weeks, until the next one starts), I'm going to work on getting myself back in a good place for taking care of me and for our money situation. We are expecting a reimbursement check from the company I worked with out in NJ soon - that should be close to $1000. And we should get the second part of the payment that started in Jan -- that should come in the next two weeks or so, and should be about $3000.

We do need to put new gutters on the house this year (they were old and falling off when we bought the house 8 years ago. We fixed as we could, but they really are harming the house at this point), we have a leak in the roof that needs to be fixed before winter, and the backyard faucet and pipes busted last winter, so we need to get that fixed. The rest, hopefully, will go towards debt.

And I need to get off my butt and get some stuff on ebay.

At least, that's the plan.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hi Kris. Nice to see you back blogging. Good luck on all the repairs. :)

jpkittie said...

HI! I thought we had lost you :) Glad to see you are back! We are here to support you!!! You can get back on track :)