Sunday, October 30, 2005

I've been really bad about updating here because money has not been the primary thing going on here lately. Oh, yeah, we're still in debt, that hasn't gone down much. But my knee is wrecked and will probably lead to surgery, grades are due on Friday for the first quarter of the school year, and I'm still trying to set up a business in my basement.

I have the basement looking pretty good. I still have lots I want to do, but it's looking up and is actually useable now.

We haven't had a lot of luck on ebay - I need to get more posted, but the last three things I've posted haven't sold with two go-rounds (after two tries, it goes into rummage or the Goodwill pile).

So...I did update Quicken yesterday morning before noon - which was really good. :) I was very proud of myself. The bad news? We have $100 to last us until Nov 20th for gas, food & whatever (all bills are paid). Fun fun fun. We do this every month and I still can't figure out why it happens. I did a search on Quicken and found that we've been spending a lot more on gasoline than is budgeted - but that is to be expected, since gas prices have gone so high. We also went over on eating out - by a lot, which was surprising, because I don't remember going out. Figures.

Business stuff - is exciting. I've been working on that a lot. But with grades due this week, an MRI on Friday...well, I don't know how much time I'll have to work on it this week. Some, for sure, but not as much as I wanted.

No comments: