Thursday, October 13, 2005

Man, I haven't been very good at getting Quicken up to date and sending smaller payments off to the cc's. I've been busy getting the basement in order and trying to figure out the web of tax forms that I need to set up my business. Ugh.

The good news is that I'm finding more and more downstairs to post on ebay or set aside for the rummage sale. That's kind of nice - more extra income there. I've posted seven things in the last week - I think that's a new record for me. ;)

It also occurred to me that if I can get the dressmaking out there, if I can make enough to cover the $2500 we get for me teaching summer school...maybe I can get away with not doing it next year! I think that may be a reason why I'm so out of it this school year. I had no time off. Summer school for 6 weeks, then dh's mother died and we were in KY for two weeks. I had one week, then back to school. I know, I know - "But you get all summer off...I don't get that much time off" yadda yadda yadda. I'm in a very high stress job (and yes, I know that there are other high stress jobs), and I can't do it without a break. If there's no break, it's not worth it. And people wonder why teachers burn out with such crap...

Anyway. That $2500...it mostly goes to keeping bills up to date and getting xmas money put aside. If we can get that throughout the year and/or with this business and/or with soc sec and/or with dh working on more ebay stuff...I could stop the summer school. Which would be really nice.

Too much in my brain. I have grading to do, and I'm really wiped out and grumpy. Think I'll pack it in and go to bed.

No comments: