Monday, July 28, 2008

A few things on my mind... 1 of 3

I think I'll be dividing this up into three parts - just 3 very different things to talk about regarding money. This is part 1.

I didn't do much this weekend in terms of the making money from stuff we have. My back has been acting up. I will say that I got a great deal at Walgreens (that's another post) and will be putting that stuff in the to-be-sold pile.

I also got the garage (full of rummage stuff) organized enough that we were able to get the riding mower in the garage without having to take stuff downstairs. I got all the crap out of there and that really helped - it filled half the truck bed, just getting the junk out. Then, I organized the garden stuff area, which allowed us to move the tables over there (upright), and moved some boxes around. We still have some furniture to go to Goodwill, but we were able to get the mower in there before we leave for KY, so I'm very happy about that.

I got the paperwork off for the big flea market on Labor Day weekend. I haven't heard back from them yet, though, so I might have to call them.

And I did get the pics ready for ebaying, I just haven't gone down to get the listings done. I am still hoping I can get a few ready to go for while we're on vacation. A lot are similar, and once I write one, the rest will be pretty easy, just to change the pattern number (a lot of vintage patterns).

I might have another rummage sale after we get back, since we didn't have to take the stuff and tables downstairs. Not sure. I am sure that we'll go over to the Sunday flea market at least once more this summer. I'm still positive that we'll make the $1000 by Labor Day.



No comments: